iOS and Android
- Select Profile & Settings.
- Tap Enable send and receive at the top. If the option is not available, go to the Coinbase document verification page.
- Select your document type.
- Follow the prompts to upload your ID document.
- Once the steps are completed, the identity verification process is complete.
Can I verify Coinbase with passport?
You can use the mobile app to complete the ID verification step using your phone's camera. The 'Identity Verification' section can be found under 'Settings' in the app. Trying to upload a US passport? At this time, we only accept US state-issued ID such as a Driver's License or Identification Card.
How do I verify my Blockchain account?
- Log into your wallet via mobile app.
- In the top left corner, click the Profile icon and select Account Limits.
- Click Get Full Access button to proceed with verification.
- Type your Name and Date of Birth and click Next.
- Type in your address or click Add My Address to manually fill address information and click Next.
What documents can be used to verify identity?
Acceptable Documents for Identity Verification
- State identification (ID) card.
- Driver license.
- US passport or passport card.
- US military card (front and back)
- Military dependent's ID card (front and back)
- Permanent Resident Card.
- Certificate of Citizenship.
- Certificate of Naturalization.
How do I upload my photo ID to Coinbase?
To verify your identity
- Access this Document Verification prompt.
- Select your preferred identity document type and upload method.
- Follow the on-screen instructions then select Upload.
- You'll receive an email confirmation when the verification has completed.
Why does Bitcoin need my ID?
Put simply, in the United States, when Bitcoin ATMs require ID, it is typically to ensure compliance with federal regulations that are intended to prevent large scale money laundering and terrorist financing.