It's called a bridged connection. You have to bridge your lan adapter to your wifi adapter on the laptop. Plug PS4 into laptop via cat5, go to adapter settings, highlight both wifi and lan adapters and select bridge connections. That will carry over the connection of the lan onto wifi adapter.
How do I connect my computer to the Internet using an Ethernet cable?
A wired Ethernet connection lets you get a fast internet connection—plug one end of the Ethernet cable into your router at home, then plug the other end into the Ethernet port on your Windows PC.
How do I share internet between computers using Ethernet?
Step 2: Procedure to Be Followed
- Take the ethernet/lan cable and join the two systems.
- Go to the system which has the existing internet connection.
- Open Control Panel-Network and Sharing Center-Change Adapter's Setting.
- Go to the Network connection which has internet connectivity and right click-Properties.
- Go to Sharing.
Does PS4 support Ethernet?
You can use either Wi-Fi or a LAN (Ethernet) cable or to connect your PS4™ system to the Internet.
How do I connect my PS4 to my PC via USB?
How to pair a PS4 controller to PC over USB
- Plug your Micro USB cable into your PC and DualShock 4 controller.
- Wait for your PC to recognize the gamepad.
Can you connect PS4 to computer?
Start Remote Play Turn on your PS4 console or put it into rest mode. Use a USB cable to connect your controller to your Windows PC. 3. Launch PS Remote Play on your Windows PC, and then select Sign In to PSN.